Prayer involves repetition -- of sounds, words -- and therein lies its healing effects, says Benson. "For Buddhists, prayer is meditation. For Catholics, it's the rosary. For Jews, it's called dovening. For Protestants, it's centering prayer. Every single religion has its own way of doing it."
Often People Pray when they feel stresses out, when they want to give thanks and when they need a friend. In short, prayer is a way of communicating what you wish.
Benefits of prayer meditation:
- People who pray tend to get sick less often.
- People who pray are less likely to smoke and drink.
- People who pray leads a more disciplined life.
- Prayer can relieve stress, improve attitudes, and mend bodies .
- Prayer generates peace, power, and health - a triple preventative that guards against anxiety and disease.
- People who pray tend to live healthier lives.